304 Stainless Steel Sport Exhaust Headers for MINI Cooper S R50, R52, R53 2002-06 Gen 2, all 304 stainless steel including flanges. For supercharged engine and manual transmission models. Most of the older headers were manufactured with 201 stainless steel tubes and mild steel flanges. These high performance headers were developed in Germany by a leading tuner and are manufactured out of heavy gauge T304 stainless steel for long life. Each set of headers in includes a cat by pass pipe for testing. This bypass pipe is intended for track and off road use only unless you weld in catalytic converters.
- Design utilizes a F1-style 4 into 1 merge collector for reduced turbulence which creates more horsepower and torque
- All T304 stainless steel heavy tubing, TIG welded and polished finish
- Includes O2 (lambda) sensor ports just like the original down pipe configuration. Does not include catalytic converters - not usable on the public roads! Check your local regulations!
- Improvement is approximately 12 hp.
- Design utilizes new improved bellows with cage flex joint to isolate engine vibration. Old flex joint was prone to failure. This model has more resistant to failure.
- When the test pipe is installed and since it does not include a catalytic converter - it is not usable on the public roads! Check your local regulations! This test pipe includes an O2 sensor bung to install your O2 sensor.
- Headers really make the car noticeably faster across the rpm range with minimal additional noise
- Straight forward installation. The header includes a flexible joint for any slight adjustments that may be necessary. Kit comes complete with hardware and gaskets.
- MINI Cooper Hatchback 2 door R50 2002-06
MINI Cooper S Hatchback 2 door R53 2002-06
MINI Cooper Convertible R52 2005-08
MINI Cooper JCW Convertible R52 2005-08
MINI Cooper S Convertible R52 2005-08